Analytical support and advocacy of sectoral European integration reforms according to the Ukraine–EU Association Agreement
01-11-2018 - 30-06-2019
Description of the project
According to the Ukraine-EU Association Agreement Ukraine should comprehensively implement changes in different areas of public policy in order to become closer to the EU standards. EU integration processes, that currently take place in Ukraine, are implemented with a different level of success. If to sum up the situation in spheres EU integration reforms, then the general characteristic can be the low tempo of the implementation of all the obligations, that Ukraine declared.
In frames of advocacy activities and monitoring the Ukrainian Centre for European Policy experts identified several important spheres, in which EU integration Changes can be characterized as extremely low in comparison to accepted obligations.
The project is oriented on the development of a branch of high-quality advocacy analytics, organizing of public discussions with the aim to create an expert dialogue between key stakeholders in six spheres defined in the Association Agreement:
- “The state and prospects of Ukraine’s accession to the Convention on a Joint Transit Procedure (NCTS Convention)” (02-03 / 2019)
- “Reform of the procedure for mandatory technical control of vehicles in Ukraine on the basis of best European practices” (02-03 / 2019)
- “Agreements on the Conformity Assessment and Acceptance of Industrial Products (ACAA)”: elimination of barriers to signing
- “State Aid in the European Union and Ukraine” (03-04 / 2019);
- Public health – “Methodological explanations of the Transplant Act for doctors who will carry out transplantation of organs, tissues and cells” (03-04 / 2019);
- “Accession to the Single Digital Market of the EU” (04-05 / 2019)
It is expected, that the implementation of this project will create informal platforms for communication between key stakeholders in pointed areas and will speed up the tempo of the transformations in Ukrainian legislation according to the EU standards.