Government office presents position paper on European and Euro-Atlantic integration
The Government Office for Coordination on European and Euro-Atlantic Integration has presented a transition book ‘European and Euro-Atlantic Integration’ produced in a form of position paper. The book is published to provide exact information on the current state of affairs and main achievements and challenges in the implementation of the European integration course of Ukraine as well as on its way to NATO membership.
The position paper contains recommendations given by civil society on priority steps that authorities should take in various areas covered by the Association Agreement. These recommendations were developed by experts from the Ukrainian Side of the EU-Ukraine Civil Society Platform and the Ukrainian National Platform of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum with the organizational support of the Civic Synergy project.
The book identifies:
- The institutional basis for implementing state policy on European and Euro-Atlantic integration as well as the system of bilateral bodies of the EU-Ukraine and NATO-Ukraine association;
- Main legislative initiatives in all areas that require priority consideration by newly-elected Parliament;
- Key Ukrainian and European stakeholders;
- The financial and expert assistance of international partners government officials and MPs can count on as well as how they can go up to a new level of management of these resources;
- Key steps in the implementation of state policy on European integration, including those within the framework of the Annual National Programme under the auspices of the NATO-Ukraine Commission;
- Departmental aspects of carrying out Ukraine’s European and Euro-Atlantic course by each of the ministries responsible for the implementation of the Association Agreement’s various provisions within their respective competences;
- Main achievements of each responsible ministry and weaknesses requiring special attention of all authorities concerned in order to ensure the realization of the European integration prospects.